Friday, April 18, 2014

Response & Creed(ish)

*Follow-Up*

Dang!! Thank you so much for your support and reaching out. I got so many responses and PM’s about all of your personal struggles and my hat’s off to you. For real. If we all knew what heartaches, both public and private, that everyone struggles with- it would change us. The great thing is, y’all keep on keeping on. Whoop whoop! Plus a world where butterflies and rainbows abounded with unicorns and flowers and chocolate all the time would, in my humble opinion, be lame. Bring on the rough seas! TEACH ME MY STRENGTH! BOO YAH!

Now for my creed:

You eat more than three times a day. If you believe what you eat affects you, you’d be right. 

The end.

Okay, so now that that’s clear I apparently have a few things I live by when it comes to my (food) life:

  1. Moderation in all things.
  2. The Word of Wisdom is the best base for a healthier life (PS that link is to an article written in 1977, how oldschoolawesome is that).
  3. I am not one thing or another, I am not Paleo or anti-grain or totally anti-inflammatory etc., but I love so many of the recipes used in each that I will reference them, and others. I currently do not eat gluten, I have a wheat allergy. Things change too. Flexibility is key.
  4. If you are not drinking water, you are doing yourself the biggest disservice of them all. Aim for half your body weight in OZ. I mean it. The bathroom will become a place of refuge and annoyance, but it will clear up things you didn’t even realize. When you reach for Not-Water, Stop, just stop it. Vitamin water...not worth it. Today and now, get used to the flavor of plain freee water. If you need to filter it-great. W-a-t-e-r. That’s today preachystatement. Nothing else you do will make as big a change as this. NOTHING. NOTHING!!!!!! Sorry, you get it. Okay. Moving on. SOMEONE JUST SIPPED DIET COKE! I JUST KNOW IT! Okay, now I am done.
Roll your eyes all you want, but just ONE change today is one change today. When--not if---you backtrack (notice I did't say fail!)--just keep on.
And last, but not least; you know me, whether you really do or just read this. This is how I talk in real life and I cannot for the life of me care about grammar or spelling right now, even though I will regret it later and judge myself on it. And who doesn’t LOVE a run-on sentence that you have to read twice! C'est la vie!


PS My fourth grade teacher told my mom that spell check was invented for children like me. Ov makes way more sense than Of. I mean really.

OUT
Thank Sam for this one. This is an exaggeration and should not be attempted at home, in your husband's sweatshirt, on your floor in your 'house-shoes' that you wear in order to not step on toys or crumbs because you have not picked up or swept up such things yet today, but hey, lip glossed! YES!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome, I could say the same about you. You smile BTW is dazzling and you have mad piano skillz. :)

    ReplyDelete