Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Missing This Face



Two years ago today, my mom woke up.

 Not here, but on the other side. I know that she stretched her arms, smiled, and reunited with my dad and became reacquainted with the eternities. You see, we know where we have been and know where we are going. When, we too, wake up on the other side, it will not be new to us, it will be a homecoming.

If you have lost someone--- they are more than ok, and they walk among you and are closer than you realize.

If you know someone battling cancer or any other form illness, terminal, mental, etc there is hope-always hope whether they stay here with us or move on to their next adventure.

If you are or know someone who is a caretaker, YOU are physically holding the hands of someone who is almost done here, someone who cannot do for themselves what you can for them and they do appreciate you. Take care of yourself too. It’s easy to get lost.

The grief never leaves. I never move on, but I move forward. I know what’s next and I want to be ready for it by making the good choices now, by choosing happiness now.

You don’t get to graduate from this life without learning anything, it only makes sense. So let’s keep going, keep learning and growing. Knowing joy and sorrow, appreciating the right and good and standing up against wrongs. You know right from wrong, it’s inherent to who you are, a child of a loving Heavenly Father. This world will tell you that right and wrong do not exist, that is, quite simply a lie. One of many. You are not of this world but are a divine heritage that will come as naturally to you as breathing when it is indeed your turn to wake up. 

My mom, with my dad, expects a lot from me, from us. I aim to not disappoint. 

I miss her advice, her singing and dancing, shopping, Costco trips, saying hi to everyone-even people she’s only just met as if they were all best friends. I miss her encouragement and validation, the kind you can only get from a mom. I miss everything.

Thanks for giving me the two things that mattered mi mon Shéri l'amour- love and knowledge.



4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, dear Lindsay. What a lovely post. Your testimony of the plan is beautifully spoken. You all are certainly making both your Mom and Dad very proud. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. We love YOU McLaws peoples!

      Delete
  2. Love you sister - you are a strong one. Missing Sheri too...can't believe it was 2 years ago. Time is weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is weird. So dang true. XO to you and all your Maxfield's.

      Delete