Monday, May 26, 2014

How I Did the Travel Thing Better


Car-Trip Edition:


I have claustrophobia and car-sickness realllllly bad. I get panic attacks in tight spaces and spending my time in a mess of metal hurtling down the road with no immediate bathroom access is not my favorite thing to do, especially without handy/healthy food. Can you even imagine. This is a lose-lose for me. I can’t even handle tight hugs or stuck zippers. Ack. Anyhoo, it was easier this time and I reallllllly love my husband and we got some great talks in without me closing my eyes and wishing the trip was over. TMI? Okay moving on...

We finally, successfully road-tripped, food-wise, thank the goodness.

In my trusty cooler I had:

Protein
Precooked and cubed chicken
Breakfast sausage
Frozen ground turkey to cook when we arrived

Vegetables
4 summer squash that had been ‘noodled’
Spinach
Tomatoes
1 Whole chopped cabbage

Fruit
Washed Strawberries
Apples
Bananas

Sides
Homemade Paleo Mayo
Toasted Pecans
Sea Salt
Coconut Aminos
Avocado
Olives

I drank more water this time, grabbed a burger patty on the road and added veggies if I needed too and went shopping while there. It’s not a perfect system, but I got to think about a lot more than what I was gonna eat. Thankfully. You may be surprised, but food is not all I think about. :) Okay, it’s a lot, but not all.


Thanks for sticking around and asking questions. 

Link to Coconut Aminos, aka, the best thing you will ever buy HERE.
Link to my trusty 'noodler' aka, you should have this already HERE.

Food Textbook HERE. Just get it. Read it. Learn. Stuff like that. :)

Before the trip.

 Packing the cooler.
Pulled together for breakfast one morning. Sweet potatoes, cabbage, 'zoodles' and roasted red peppers with a luscious splat-egg and coconut aminos on top. Mmm.

 PS As I learn, I get better at this. I've been going since January, if I knew then what I know now, dang this could have been easier. :) But we step-by-step huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment